Sunday 26 September 2010

This shit just got real!

Well i am now firmly in the grasp of A2 and the increasing work load and my willingness to do it would be at a strong negative correlation on a graph. Things started out fairly relaxed for the first few hours of my second year at college then it dawned on me that when all my teachers from last year said that "it's going to be a lot of hard work at A2" they wern't just trying to scare us all.
Not only do we have work to worry about, but i am in the process of filling in my UCAS application thing online which is almost as worrying. I thought it would be simple enough but it's full of riddles and confusing questions like "buzzword" and "dual nationality". It also requires four seperate security questions if, god forbid, you forget your password. Then after you have overcome the challenge of registering and logging in to UCAS you have to fill in many more separate forms. One of which may confuse you if you are planning to apply to university through UCAS. At the end of the 'Personal Details' section you are are asked whether or not you have any disabilities or special needs and there is a box provided if you do have a disability or special needs. I tried to leave it blank and finish of the form but it kept on telling me "Please select disability or special needs." At first i thought it might be some kind of underlying synonymous message but then after a couple of fustrated minutes i clicked on the list of disabilities and you had to select 'none' to go through instead of leaving the box blank.
The next challenge is going to be writing my personal statement. My first attempt at this just turned into a spiel about the books i have read and my fondness for English. Hopefully my second attempt will suffice and at the end of all this i will get into a university.

No comments:

Post a Comment