Thursday 14 January 2010

Better use of time?

I am being constantly badgered about not being creative enough and it occurred to me earlier on today whilst committing homicide on "Grand Theft Auto 4", that i could be doing something "creative" right now. But then i got thinking what may be seen creative to me may not be creative to other people for instance i believe that nibbling pieces of Jaffa cake off until it resembles a face or the moon is creative, but i doubt many people would consider this as creative. Perhaps somewhere in the world there is some organisation that encourages the shaping of small cakes and biscuits into poor representations of the moon but until then it seems that i will have to spend these moments in solitude.

After consuming a generous amount of Jaffa Cakes i decided to look about my room for something which may be considered as creative, i picked up my guitar and considered composing a song i got as far as composing a pattern of simple chords and a verse of a song involving nothing more than the primal instincts which i was feeling at the time which was hunger and boredom. I think the word song is a bit of an exaggeration because it was just the words "Food" and "bored" whilst monotonously strumming simple chords. After feeling that i wasn't really advancing or reaching a level of creative omnipotence i decided to venture downstairs hoping for some kind of creative epiphany where it would all become clear. I'd hoped as i poured a glass of orange juice that some act of nature would enthrall me and cause me to feel creative and give me a topic to write a song on or paint a picture of. Unfortunately that is about as likely as a renown religious icon to previously have belonged to some kind of extreme political party that committed genocide (oh wait!). I start to feel like I'm digressing from my original topic so I'll attempt to get back on track.

After weighing up all my options i came to the decision that there was absolutely nothing to do within the confines of my dwelling. Driven by this i decided that the creativity that could be achieved outside was limitless. Then i remembered that outside was the kind of the conditions Earnest Shackleton had to endure, and we all remember what happened to him, he had a heart attack on a boat and died. Weighing up the risks of cardiac arrest i decided that i wasn't so determined to find creativity i would risk my life to find it so i retreated back to my room.

Feeling defeated and shameful i considered taking out my self pity on innocent bystanders within the gaming world. Then i finally had an epiphany of sorts and decided that if writing isn't considered as creative then there's bugger all that is. So i decided to update my blog and not only do i now feel creative i feel a sense of pride knowing that I've written another entry into my blog which is a good start to my re-appearance in the blog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment